Today, LG Electronics Canada announced its latest flagship LG G8 ThinQ, is available in Canadian carriers. Its minimalist re-design has features never seen on a phone before.
- Triple advanced unlock security with hand “vein reading” ID authentication, 3D Face Unlock, and Fingerprint Sensor
- Air Motion gesture recognition for handsfree phone control using gestures like waving a hand or pinching the air, for when cooking or cleaning, answer or end calls, take screenshots, switch between applications, or adjust volume.
- Advanced front and back cameras, and
- Audio via Crystal Sound OLED (CSO), DTS:X, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC and Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) technology, for quality compressed high-resolution audio streaming and with now stereo Boombox Speaker
- The Z Camera uses infrared rays in 3D to calculate depth faster and more accurately focus. The front-facing camera in the G8 measures the distance between the subject and the camera in millimeters to control the intensity of the background blur up to 256 levels for selfies with more depth.
- Video Portrait lets users control of bokeh while filming video in Portrait Mode, nice!
BEEFED UP CAMERAS
- The rear super wide f1.9 camera remains at 16MP 0μm photo pixel sensor size and 107˚ view
- The standard rear f1.5 camera has dropped to 12MP 4μm photo pixel sensor size and 78˚ view. (down from the previous G7 16MP standard angle but expected better quality) OIS/Glass Lens also with Laser Detention Auto Focus and Phase Detection Auto Focus.
- Front selfie stays at 8MP Standard (f1.7 / 1.22μm photo pixel sensor size and 80˚ view)
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855, 6.1”, 19.5:9, QHD+ OLED FullVision, 3120×1440, 564ppi, 3,500mAh battery, Android 9.0 Pie, 167g / 5.89oz light, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance, MIL-STD-810G
EXTRA YEAR WARRANTY ON LG CANADA
LG Electronics Canada will beef up the manufacturers first year warranty with an additional Second Year Promise, a unique, no-cost limited warranty program providing an additional year of customer service for LG G8 ThinQ smartphone users in Canada. .
Starting today, the LG G8 ThinQ will be available to purchase through the following Canadian carriers: Bell, Best Buy, Eastlink, Fido, Freedom Mobile, Rogers, SaskTel, Tbooth Wireless, The Mobile Shop (TMS), The Source, Virgin Mobile, Videotron, WIRELESS-WAVE, WOW! mobile boutique and Xplore Mobile. Consumers should check with local retailers for availability and pricing details.